Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Sunday, September 7, 2014

blue and gold

Blue skies, gold rays. Pristine. It would be hard pressed to eclipse today's weather. A light breeze with few worries in the air.

Last night was an interesting one, to say the least. It began by meeting at Steve's apartment, and then nabbing a ride to Brit's Pub in downtown Minneapolis. After arriving, I observed their menu that stated they had sugar-free Redbull. Delighted, I ordered a vodka redbull. A mistake for my checking account.

$11.50.

We moved on to Barrio; a tequila bar with a welcoming atmosphere, yet still exhibiting class. A dark ambience lit by candles at each table. A sophisticated assortment of tequilas lining the bar, lit by a white light, almost as if they were holy. I ordered chips and salsa ahead of our tequila sampling; Steve a shredded beef taco. His never came. My chips were on the house.

Our tequila had hints of spice and chile pepper. A pineapple finish. Sweet, without the need for a chaser slice of orange. The waiter provided us with additional orange slices, dusted with cinnamon. They were reminiscent of apple pie filling, oddly enough.

One thing led to another and we ended up at Club Jager in the North Loop. I bought the round of drinks for all, and we had a fairly good time. Inside, I was battling emotions of nostalgia, as the last time I visited, someone important to me accompanied my side. Dancing wasn't the same.

The Minnesota Vikings started their regular season today and won in a dominating fashion. It makes the weeks pass by faster. That's all I have to say about that, really.

I'm going to keep this post short. Nobody really reads it anyways, but I guess it's a nice place for me to release my mind onto a visual medium. I'll wrap it up by saying I had an amazing conversation with an amazing person today.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment