Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

coming to a close

Every month has a beginning and an end. Refusing to separate itself from the pack, September is no different.

It came and went. Today is September 30th, the final day of the month. Like signs along the road, I barely caught a glimpse of the month before it was too late. All I can do is reflect. It was a rough start with emotional turbulence and uncertainty, and it finishes the same.

In one month from now, I will be waking up under sheets in Pena Blanca, Honduras. Excitement and anticipation continues to course through me, as I will be seeing someone I cherish, and will also be taking a much-needed vacation. A seven day adventure, with five full days to go exploring, meet new people, and undertake new adventures. Part of me worries that I will not want to leave. Courtney has asked me to bring a few belongings for her, which I am slowly starting to accumulate.
 
Excuse my language, but I fucking hate Facebook. Why do I continue to use it? A significant majority of the content is recycled content from past years, or high school acquaintances
attempting to boast their social status, seeking validation from others. The only reason I can find to continue visiting is if close friends (around three or four of them) post pictures or important updates about their lives. Each time I click the Facebook tile on my homepage, a small inkling of my sanity evaporates. I feel disappointed in myself.
 
What can I do to make the next 4 weeks pass by quickly? I seek ideas.
 
A wasp struggles against the pane of glass in front of me. I feel as if I can relate. It wants to get outside, yet it can't have what it wants. It can see it, it yearns for it, and it's ever-so close. I can see what I want, but I can't have it.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment