Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

six, not seven

I was asked the question: "What'd you do today?".

I had to think for a moment. The time was 9pm on Monday, September 8th. To a point, I didn't think the day actually existed. Work kept me until 1 in the morning, and sleep wasn't possible until around 3:30, when my body decided to call it quits. When I awoke around 10:30 in the morning, a mere 7 hours later work was next on my schedule, starting in only an hour and a half. I went for a jog around Lake Calhoun - a tough one at that. My body wasn't ready for exercise. In what only seemed like moments, work came and went like summer break in eighth grade - with haste.

My mind didn't fully comprehend that it was actually Monday. Not to sound repetitive, but it didn't actually feel like a full day. I slept in as late as possible, then woke up for work, exercised, conversed with someone, then went to bed. Exhaustion prevailed over my willingness to stay up late.

Sleep.

Or lack thereof. I have been tossing and turning every night in recent memory. Something doesn't feel right.

With work not arriving until 6 this evening, the day looks to be productive. A short trip to IKEA, where I was able to purchase some odds and ends for my kitchen. I installed a rack to hang my stirring spoons, spatulas, can opener, and other accessories from. It looks nice, adding character to an otherwise barren and ugly wall.

Target, deciding to assault my wallet once again, provided me with shelf liner. Eight dollars and forty-nine cents. However, I am extremely happy with the results. Storing kitchen utensils and china will no longer make excessive noise, and it makes the entire setup much more welcoming. Odd, I know.

Workers came to resurface parts of my ceiling, and like last time, left an absolute mess. Adhesive and caulk splattered through my bedroom and bathroom akin to a murder scene. Frustrated, I decided to do a half-cleaning of my entire apartment. All surfaces, rugs, carpets, and furniture cleaned.

Productivity.

I now sit at the same coffee shop in Northeast Minneapolis. I should open a credit card with this coffee shop to reap rewards or something, but I don't believe they offer one. They have a hard enough time keeping small bills in the register for change. My coffee is themed after the country El Salvador with hints of honey, rum, and something else. I forget. The caffeine hasn't taken effect yet.

Much has been accomplished already, and I would still like to get a good exercise session in, and hopefully a long bicycle ride if the skies don't break into rain. I am not hopeful. Gloom looks to take place for the next few days. A chill, with the possibility of frost on Saturday.

Winter is Coming. Or so the saying goes. I'll be stuck working inside my apartment, windows frosted, heat rising from the radiator, alone. Ones and zeroes. Bits of data are the sole form of communication between important people and myself.

Though, it makes me think. Is this how it should be?

I try to tell myself that everything happens for a reason, but I often ask myself if these things were supposed to happen in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment