Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

milestone

Three years ago, I started a journey. A journey that I wasn't particularly fond of starting, but it was one that needed to be set in motion. Plump, thick, morbidly obese. I was a 240 pound 5 feet 8 inches. Over the course of a year, I lost upwards of 80 pounds, then another 20 in the following year. Fairly stationary over the past year floating between 138 and 145 pounds, I was on a plateau. A plateau lacking motivation to break due to contempt.

I fondly remember of the Summers in High School with Khalid. We made a promise that each of us would have defined abs at the end of the summer. The Summer break between my Junior and Senior years was a letdown. I didn't achieve that goal, and it eats away at me to this day.

A new motivation struck in the past handful of weeks. With only thirty eight days until I visit Honduras, I cracked down. Ice cream as a delicacy of the past, and a fairly structured diet. Today for the first time since my one-hundred pound weight loss, a new milestone has been reached.

Definition. Seven years later.

They say that you can only be happy in a relationship if you were happy with yourself before committing to a relationship. You can't let someone else make you happy and "complete" you. While I agree with this, the way Courtney says that I give her motivation through my work ethic and drive simply completes me more. My ice cream sundae is delicious. Vanilla and chocolate fudge with whipped cream. She is the cherry on top. She just makes it that much better.

Six months ago, I was cited at work for poor performance. This week, I am leading the entire team by a large margin. A drive to succeed in hopes for time off during the holidays in late December to visit Honduras again, although for a longer duration. Two weeks I hope. Asking for two weeks off during the holidays is a near-impossible feat, yet I hope that my efforts at work to exceed expectations by a large margin will swoon management into rewarding me with the time off.

A vacation that I've earned.

Life is just getting started, and I'm loving every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment